Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cddvdrw

• Please log in to reply

Prominia

Prominia

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ok well I got a new laptop over the summer and they were supposed to install a dvdr drive. Either its not the correct thing or it just aint working because it does not recognize blank dvds. The device I have in device manager is QSI CDRWDVD SBW-245 ATA Device. Looking at it doesnt seem to me like it could burn dvds. I am asking here if this can burn dvds and if so how could I fix it. If it is not then I have to send it back to be fixed, and i dont really want to do that because I need it for school and the warranty runs out by summer.

Happy Holidays

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi Prominia!

I just did a google lookup on your drive, seems it is not a DVD-Writer. Just a plain DVD-Rom for reading DVD's, not copying them.

The SBW-245 (CDRW/DVD Drive) weights 165g+/-5g, It is IDE/ATATPI interface DVD/ROM & CD-R/RW drive, enables to write CD-R/RW discs and also has the function as a regular DVD ROM drive. The SBW-245 has 8X speed DVD-ROM disc reading, 24X speed CD-R disc writing, 24X speed CD-RW disc writing and 24X speed CD-ROM disc reading capabilities.

Hope this helps :)

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks I looked it up on google but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help gonna have to send it in to be changed i guess.
Thanks for the help Adrenalin

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Anytime :)