Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inspiron 6000's wireless connection suddenly can't detect netw

• Please log in to reply

Radien

Radien

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi there, I'm having problems with my Dell Inspiron 6000. It came equipped with a Dell wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI card which was working perfectly fine. Then, out of the blue, it suddenly stopped recognizing any networks in the area, no matter where I use it. I've tested it at the houses of several people with wireless, so I know something's wrong.

I'm not sure whether the problem is with the software or the hardware. I haven't dropped my laptop recently, so I doubt anything's been shaken loose. I also tried updating the drivers just now, to no avail. It was the first time I'd updated the drivers from the factory settings, so the problem probably wasn't caused by faulty drivers.

Everything appears to be in working order; it just acts as though all the wireless networks in the area have disappeared. Is there anyone who can tell me what I should be looking for, and whether it is something I might be able to fix myself?... (I can answer more questions about my level of expertise if needed)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Radien, 26 December 2007 - 05:04 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally resolvable by pressing the function (FN) key and then the one that looks like a wireless network. Then doing a rescan.

Radien

Radien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Normally resolvable by pressing the function (FN) key and then the one that looks like a wireless network. Then doing a rescan.

Aha! That did it. I rely on keystrokes a lot, but I use a peripheral keyboard with my laptop, so that one escaped my notice. Thank you very much! :)

lindseyw7

lindseyw7

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have the exact same problem, but I still cannot connect. I have tried many things but nothing is working. I have tried the Function key with the wireless F2 key, but no changes. What do you mean by "rescan"? I have had family in and soon after, my internet stopped connecting. now what?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: lindseyw7

Please start your own topic as this topic is over 2 years old now.
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.