Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ati2evxx.exe corrupting my files

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I do not have any kind of ati related hardware on my pc . I do not know where this ati poller came from. It resides in the Windows\fonts\system folder and is pretty hard to remove
I tried many softwares but this is giving me a nuisance. It corrupts most things on my disk and i tried bit defender and avg anti-spyware but they do not work as well.

I used stinger,smitfraud as well. But it reproduces itself from the registry. I do not know what to do. I am not allowed to post on the virus removal forum for no known reason. Also, It shows some wird font on the right click context menu of noth my drives. I am posting a picture please advice me how to remove this virus. Someone i know told me that it might have infected the autorun.inf entry in the registry and i do not know how to remove things from the registry. I have removed the unwanted entries from the run category.

Attached Thumbnails

• weird_font.JPG

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
ATI hardware is typically a graphics card but they do also make chipsets as well.
The strange characters may be resolvable by running Scandisk on the drive. Right-click on it in My Computer -> Properties -> Tools tab.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I tried all the check disk and other things .But winpatrol tells me i have tbmonex. Please tell me how to remove it.

Edited by prasharry2k5, 28 December 2007 - 03:09 AM.