Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

headset help

• Please log in to reply

lars24

lars24

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Its a microsoft lifechat LX-3000. After I installed the software, I cannot get the mic or sounds to come out of the headset. It has a USB connection. It plays some of the windows prompt sounds like when an alert window pops up, but itunes or game sounds do not come out of the headset, and I don't even know if the mic works. Does anyone know how to fix this????? Let me know please.
for reference, im am running windows XP media center
Thank you

Edited by lars24, 26 December 2007 - 12:33 PM.

Advertisements

lars24

lars24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
well I figured it out. I had to change all the settings in windows to the headset. I also had to change the setting in programs like xfire and ventrillo to pick the headset also. It seemed to recognize it in games as well to send the sound to the headset as long as I have it plugged in before the game starts. If I remove the headset during game play no sound at all and have to restart the game (after the headset is plugged back in). Also itunes (and other programs) will have a setting change themselves. Just changing the windows settings does not put the sound to the headset for all programs. For example I can listen to itunes out of the computer speakers while playing a game and have the game sounds coming from the headset.

Ozzyb

Ozzyb

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ive never used a Usb headset because of these problems.
get your self a nice sennheise

lars24

lars24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Since I got the sound to work IO am having another small problem: While playing games online the mouse movement is very jumpy. Sometime it will freeze the movement when looking left and right. Any ideas?