Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sound max integrated problems.

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Greetings,

i bought a computer not too long ago, and i found out after taking back my old computer (with the same speakers )that my old computer was way better on sound , even if they both have a sound max integrated. I bought a new sound card thinking the sound would be better but it was just worse after that. I then came back to my original integrated sound card and it's still bad but not as much as the new one. My new computer's mtb is an asus p5b and my old computer was a hp pavillion 750n. What do you think can cause that? By the way the drivers are up to date, no problems on that side. :)

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not quite sure what the issue is.

How do you mean "way better on sound" on the older computer? What exactly does that mean?

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

well i mean that the quality and the power of the sound on my older computer was way better on my old hp pavilliion even with the same speakers and the same integrated sound card. I sent my new computer some days ago and i took back my old computer and plug it back on the same speakers i use for the new one and the sound with the older one was louder and better. The technician at the computer shop told me he had some complaints about the sound quality with asus p5b's mtb's.

Thanks.

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
hi,

i guess it's more clear now, any ideas?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There are many variations on SoundMax audio - its just a chip with various revision numbers on them for various features.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to say, in all honesty. This is one of those "you have to be there" situations. I've never heard the output audio of these two systems. I can only put it down to the default settings and the volume levels. Many setups for 5.1 sound sound poor when played on a 2.1 system.