Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Error

• Please log in to reply

lorran

lorran

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz w/MMX computer that uses Windows 98SE. Outlook Express 6.0 is my email client and I have been using it without any problems. But yesterday when I went to open OE to check my email messages I noticed a yellow triangle marked "ERROR!" at the lower right of the window. Nothing happens! What should I do to correct this problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

lorran

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The error message means just that - an error has occured.
This is usually because the computer hasn't been able to download email from a server.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Congratulations for never having OE unexpectedly crash, losing all your saved email. If there is anything you want to keep, make sure you save it to your files outside of OE. The triangle error was an error in the connection with your mail provider, like Neil Jones said. It has probably already corrected itself by now.
Happy holidays!
Johanna