Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM problem

• Please log in to reply

rugbyspencer

rugbyspencer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Today i purchased a 1gb DDR2 for my XP computer. After putting it in the computer would not start and the power supply LED light was blinking.
I removed the RAM but the problem continued. Is there anything that I can do to fix this. The power supply will not start and the LED keeps blinking when connect to power.
I cannot use the computer at all for now, but it's a Compaq Presario running Windows Xp and it's about 3 years old.

Thanks for any advice
Spencer

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You most likely loosened other components when putting the new RAM in. Check all cables and power plugs to make sure they are firmly seated. Make sure the CPU was not bumped and is now slightly loose, ditto for any PCI cards.

If this is a laptop, make sure you are putting the ram in correctly and fully seating it.