Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good free basic DVD burning programme

• Please log in to reply

Junkman

Junkman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Any recommendations? I know it seems simple and I should be able to find one for myself, but I've tried a bunch now with no luck (all giving annoying errors) and it's kind of hard to find ones that don't have annoying trial periods and/or try to install toolbars and crap on your PC. Don't need anything fancy, just something for burning data and movie files.
Thanks

Advertisements

breezing

breezing

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Spam Removed

Edited by Kat, 24 January 2008 - 12:50 AM.

Junkman

Junkman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried it and didn't like it. It only works for movie files, and it made them all huge, so I could only fit about one half-hour TV episode onto a DVD.
Anyone else have anything to offer? To make things more difficult, it would also be nice if there was a free programme that could change formats of Avis and wmv's into something my cheap DVD player can recognise (only plays MPGs and proper DVD movies). But that's less important.

breezing

breezing

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think that's just the limitation of that program.