Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot delete game file

• Please log in to reply

woodhook

woodhook

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have an empty online game folder called The Tuttles Madcap Misadventures that I cannot delete.Everytime my antivirus program scans my computer it stops on this file and won't go any further.It's like it hits a deadend.I'm worried that my antivirus is not giving me full protection.Any sggestions?

Advertisements

Big Ant

Big Ant

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
If you try to delete it and it won't delete and gives and error message such as "it is being used by another person or program" then I would recommend downloading a program called unlocker:
-->http://ccollomb.free...ocker/#download
after you install it you can right click on the folder and click unlocker. It will tell you what programs are using it and you can terminate them and then delete the folder. If it says no programs are using it just pick delete from the combo box and the folder will delete.

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
what do you get when you try to delete it???
try to delete it in safe mode
or if it doesn't work..... try to delete it out of system

davidbugeja

davidbugeja

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
What Antivirus are you currently using?

Most Antivirus scanners have the ability to exclude a directory or file from scanning. If you cannot delete the folder try to bypass it instead by un-selecting its folder from the Scanning Directory. That should at least make your Antivirus scan your whole system! :)

woodhook

woodhook

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank You everyone for taking the time out to answer my post.I'll try those remedies