Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP repeatedly restarts

• Please log in to reply

marvick

marvick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The XP splash screen will be displayed for a few moments then a blue error screen flashes for less than a second (not enough time to read the error) then the computer will reboot.

Let me give you the backround on this problem.
About a week ago my girlfriend pulled out the power plug from her laptop. OOOPS
This has been hapening since.
Its an Hp With 1.2 Intell Celeron I think (the bios wont tell me) 256 ram 30 gig hd
When the system starts It will ask if I want to start in safe mode, Run normaly or use last known good config. I does the same thing with all of these options.
Is there a way to stop the reboot so I can See the error screen long enough to see it.
Has any one heard of a way to do this. I tried to do some research on Technet, but no luck.
Can anyone help????? Its driving me nuckin futs........

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
310396 - Windows XP logon screen does not appear and the computer continuously restarts