Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with WD HDDs

• Please log in to reply

christman

christman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am looking at two WD 250 GB HDDs (models: WD2500JB and WD2500JBRTL). Both are 250 GB, as I mentioned, 7200 RPM, 8MB cache, 8.9ms average seek time, 4.2ms average latency, and "Caviar SE".

Does anyone know what the differences are between the two? I know one is 69.99 at newegg and the other is 67.99 (on sale for 59.99) at geeks.com (which, newegg is typically $10-$20 cheaper than geeks, so it would really be a 79.99-67.99 or 69.99-59.99 relationship).

Anyways, just let me know what the difference is and I will decied if I really want to buy the cheaper one, or I want to spend the extra $10 plus another shipping charge to get the one at newegg.

-Nick

p.s. I think there is a WD2500JBRTL-DT at geeks for about $100

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The one marked RTL at the end is a retail branded drive. That basically means you pay for a drive, a cable, a set of instructions and a fancy box. The other version is an OEM drive. You get a drive, a plastic bag and nothing else.