Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

router login

• Please log in to reply

uva1joe

uva1joe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am tryin to set up a network with my new laptop to my home desktop.it is asking for my server 10.0.0.1 user name and password.not sure what server 10.0.0.1 actually is and if i did set up a name and password i dont remember what they are. i usually try to use the same user name and password on everything so i am really unsure what to do .i am not sure what it means by server 10.0.0.1

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Please describe your network. How is the laptop connected, the desktop? What router (make/model) are you using.

Enter ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the desktop and post the results here please. You can do this by right clicking on the title bar of the command prompt window and selecting Mark then highlighting the text in the window with the left mouse button, then click the right mouse button. Then come here, start a new post and paste the data in.

Typically the IP Addresses they use are in the 192.168.x.x range. For instance, my Dell 2350 Router's IP address is 192.168.2.1. Sounds like whatever you have it's IP address is 10.0.0.1 (Cisco uses this I think) so that is what you would put in your Browsers address window to connect to the router: http://10.0.0.1

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Find the model number, go to the maker's website, download the instruction manual for it, or find it if you've stowed it away somewhere, and read it. It will tell you how to access the setup page and how to configure it. The procedures vary a great deal by machine and maker.

uva1joe

uva1joe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i am setting up a network with my home computer (dell dimension B110 desk top w/ windows xp)with my new laptop (gateway notebook w/ windows vista ) i already hooked up my router(netgear wireless-g wgr614) to my desktop and my modem (dsl westell model 6100 <verizon dsl > )

i have already used network setup wizard in home computer (windows xp)everything ok but when i use the setup wizard on my laptop (vista) it says i will have to configure manually . so the first thing it asks for is to connect to my server 10.0.0.1 and it prompts me to enter a user name and password.not sure i set a user name or password and if i did i usually use the same one for everything .is there anyway of getting the user name and password or am i able to reset those?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
See Chapter 3: Reference Manual for the 54 Mbps Wireless Router WGR614 v5