Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse malfunction & strange selections

• Please log in to reply

fitter

fitter

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi all.

Yesterday I installed a IVT Bluesoleil driver for my USB bluetooth dongle (for use with my smartphone).
As I was adjusting some settings in BlueSoleil, the mouse stopped working and I was forced to reboot.
Later I uninstalled BlueSoleil as I found it badly working; I decided to use my USB cable to connect smartphone and PC.

Since then my mouse started showing malfunctions. Exactly, when I move it the pointer suddenly stops on the screen, even if I continue moving the mouse; to get the pointer moving again, I have to raise a little bit the mouse from the mousepad and going on moving it (shake it!). Another strange behaviour is that the pointer suddenly jumps form a point on the screen to another one.

As I was using the common XP mouse driver, I tried to install the Trust driver, but the problems stated above remain.

As a secondary trouble, sometimes I experience another strange thing: while I'm using Word and moving the mouse, at a sudden it selects every row I move over, as if a permanent selection was activated. If I click in a point of the document to get the selection off, nothing happens.

I attach a Hijack log.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Mighty Boosh

Mighty Boosh

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Sorry but I have no idea whats causing that :)

That aside, have you tried doing a system restore back to before the problem began?

That should at least fix things. :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the mouse is a wireless mouse, my first reaction would be interference between the Bluetooth device and the mouse, if both are being used together.

fitter

fitter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
1. I did a system restore but it was unuseful.

2. I did an XP reinstallation (updating: preserving installed apps) but it was unuseful as well.

My mouse isn't a wireless one.

My mouse is going on malfunctionating. The cursor continuously stops as I move the mouse (especially when I move it form right to left), jumps on the screen, fails when I click on a button or a link (works on the 2nd click): it's driving me crazy!
All that is so ridiculous... Microsoft world...

Any new suggestion?

fitter

fitter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Things run even worse.
After reinstallling XP, the OS shows strange behaviour: it doesn't use installed apps (as Adobe Flash Player on a web site) and it's impossible to install downloaded Windows updates.

I'm afraid I'll be forced to format and reinstall all again :)

AVG check: system clean
Spybot check: system clean