Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outerinfo fixed, but desktop icons changed

• Please log in to reply

thehawaiidude2001

thehawaiidude2001

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed and removed outerinfo with numerous programs that came with it. Everything is back to normal now except for one thing. My desktop icons are now somewhat changed. All the words under the icons now have rectangular boxes filled with blue. It used to be with just the words under the icons, but now the words under the icons are in blue rectangular boxes.

Example:

IC
ON
_______
| Words|
----------

The blue background is in the border above. Also, some of my icons themselves have a blue coloring on the borders of them. Hope you folks can help!!!

Thanks!!!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
There is no one way to do this. It varies depending on which MS OS you have. This web site has instructions on how to do this for all the MS Operating Systems.

http://www.annoyance...w/article02-137

For XP, Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok. That usually fixes this.

You can also try the demo version of WindowFX to see if that does what you need.

http://www.annoyance...ftware/windowfx

Have you locked the desktop icons in Desktop Properties /Desktop / Customize Desktop / Web? If so that gives you the icon text background blob effect also.