Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install a Heroes of Might and Magic

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Gotta love the old games. Although it isn't all that great, I enjoy playing it once in a while for old times sake.

Problem is that I can't install it :). I remember having the same problem with Heroes of Might and Magic 4 too, but I no longer have the game so I can't check.

Anyway, I put in the CD and the install starts up (Installshield wizard). It says I have a current DirectX and I don't need to install, blah blah blah, then It just tells me what i'm about to install, and then I have to agree to the terms. But after that, there's a popup that says "InstallShield Engine has encountered a problem and needs to close".

The Error signature is:

AppName: _ins5576._mp AppVer: 5.53.168.0 ModName: chkreqs.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00007fc6

Any idea what this is and how to fix it?

With Heroes of Might and Magic 4 when it wouldn't install last time I just installed it on my parents computer and burnt all the files to a disc and then copied them onto my computer and got a crack for the game so I could play it (I bought and owned the game and all, so using a crack isn't illegal is it?). So the game was on the computer with all the files, but it wasn't on the registry.

~Seltox

Advertisements

softix

softix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Have you tried installing other games?
It could be the problem with that CD, or it could be a problem with your computer.

Seltox

Seltox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Yeah i've got other games and stuff on it. I'm currently in the process of building a junky old computer for the [bleep] of it, i'll try installing on that when i'm finished.