Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application download

• Please log in to reply

tel3563

tel3563

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have the option to download some software (legally of course) and have 2 options, I can download a rar file or an iso file, thing is what do I do with them and do i need extra software to deal with these files, please use very simple language as i'm quite thick!!!! Im running a crappy old computer on windows xp, cheers Tel

Advertisements

davidbugeja

davidbugeja

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Zip File: Compressed file that Opens with WinZip, WinRAR, WinACE or even Windows Default Zip Handler

ISO File:
CD-ROM Image that is burned on a CD to look something like Retailed Package. Opens with: Nero, Alcohol 120%. ISO Files can also be extracted using WinRAR, Power ISO or even mounted on a Virtual Drive but do not mind these if you are not computer fluent.

Let me know if you need more help!