Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

spider200081

spider200081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It appears that this blue screen is stopping my desktop from being viewed. The mouse moves fine the start up is the same as usual. But I get the smitfraud message and no way to get to anything else.

Advertisements

spider200081

spider200081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey THanks for dropping a note. I can not figure out how to get into my registry from the state that the computer is in.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
spider200081

Patience is a virtue. bananafanafo is here as a volunteer to help you, please wait for her to return and she will help you out. You are in very capable hands.

Also, please do not accept suggestions from non-staff members.

ScHwErV :tazz:

spider200081

spider200081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks so much. Should I watch email or refresh page at times to see when bananafanafo replies

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I normally watch my email, but either way will work. Email will probably be a little easier.

ScHwErV :tazz:

spider200081

spider200081

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Great!!

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

Then, I need you to download a free diagnostic tool: Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your HiJackThis log here.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless AND even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! I will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Edited by bananafanafo, 20 April 2005 - 03:25 PM.

badcartoonist

badcartoonist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem, but its not that windows doesnt stop running. it runs fine except i cant change my wallpaper. i only have two options when i look at the preferences for my decktop and that is the screensave and the resolution. somehow my other options are gone. i cant find any place that will tell me how to delete trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c. ive used avast anti-virus, lavasoft ad-aware, and bazooka spyware and none have detected it. yet i still get pop-ups like crazy when using IE.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
badcartoonist

Read the forum rules.

Do not post your problems into other open logs saying "I have the same issue, here is my log" etc. This is too confusing for everyone involved. Also, please stay with your original topic when posting follow ups.

Start your own thread if you are having problems.

[edit] As there has been no response from the original poster, this topic is now closed. If you have any other problems, please post a new topic.

Edited by bananafanafo, 05 May 2005 - 01:46 PM.