Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weeding Photoshope

• Please log in to reply

equinox55

equinox55

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hello all i need some help with photoshop. I just need to know what some cool effects are that i could do to weeding pictures. Like spot color and thah what eles would be nice for wedding pictures

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try lighting effects, and maybe go online to search for frames to put into your pictures.

~Kelvin

equinox55

equinox55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
by lighting effects do you mean like sepia and black and white are the frames free?

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
No, I mean putting a light effect onto your picture. To go to Lighting Effects, select Filter > Render > Lighting Effects.

~Kelvin

equinox55

equinox55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks i used it and everyone liked it

Teh King

Teh King

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You could use a dodge tool and burn tool to make there be more contrast in the picture.

With this, it would make some people stand out more than others. AKA the bride and groom.

~Teh King

flash86

flash86

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
A very nice effect that a lot of couples like for weddings is to use gaussian blur, it creates a nice foggy effect when set to a different mode

Instructions:

1. Open the picture you would like to apply this effect to.[File->Open]
2. With the layer of the picture selected, make a new layer[Command j or ctrl+j In windows]
3. Now with the new layer selected go to Filter-->blur--> Gaussian blur, set it to about 13.0
4. Now still having the second layer selected go to the layers palate and you will see a window that says "modes" look for "Normal". When you find normal click on the arrow and change the mode to lighten and you will get a good effect for weddings. ***Note that you can change it to a different mode that not just lighten :)

Hope you try this, a lot of people are pleased with these when I do it.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi equinox55,

If you're looking for quick and easy stuff, you can always use the photo filters in photoshop. They're built in manipulations that you can use to alter the photo's easily. Just go to image>adjustments>photo filter. Alternatively, you can (as mentioned) use lighting effects and some gaussian blur to get the desired effects. Sharpening also comes in handy with wedding photos (especially the portrait photos). Personally I prefer Unsharp Mask when sharpening, but Smart Sharpening is also quite effective.