Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAJOR PROBLEMS!

• Please log in to reply

akim

akim

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok i think there are many problems with my computer.
1. Ctrl+F doesn't work on IE. it gives you a popup saying

:with-param>false (Downloaded) (Pending) (Download error- Blocked file type) (Download error - File size exceeds download limit) (Download error - Password Protected) (Download error)
<xsl:if test="$isDo.

2. i can't seem to download some things.
ie: mozilla firefox, adobe flash player. For adobe flash player, it keeps saying close all browsers and i did and still can't download it.

3. Javascript is enabled on my IE 7 and it says the browser does not support JavaScript or JavaScript is disabled. I checked on internet options under active scripts and its enabled.

4. the sound automatically shuts down. and nothing seems to work. I tried to open task manager but a msg keeps popping up saying error. its the same error when i try to open volume control

5. i can't go to windows update site. its a blank screen and the status bar said its Done

PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANKS
-AKIM-

Edited by akim, 29 December 2007 - 12:41 AM.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Malware infection. Check my signature for the Malware Removal Forum. Once there, read the topic titled 'You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log'.

If the steps there do not work, then make a new topic in the forums.

~Kelvin

akim

akim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
when i try opening system restore, it comes up blank and the icon on the top left corner is a blank screen too.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Which means you'll need to follow the other steps. Don't worry, you don't need to post back here for every attempt you do. Just do everything stated in that topic, and if nothing works for you, post a log.

~Kelvin