Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with setting up CCTV's connection

• Please log in to reply

cosmiqeddie

cosmiqeddie

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
ok, here is it.
I have a CCTV system (CPcam) in my shop with the following settings:
ip address : 192.168.1.50
gateway : 192.168.1.1 (which is my prestige router's ip)
port : 0080

and for my router, i have this DDNS settings which enable me to view my shop's cctv at home. I've register an account in www.dyndns.com, and finished the setup in both the website and my router. I've followed the guide http://www.cpcamcctv...etworkguide.pdf, part VI. Dynamic IP with TELUS ADSL which says "port 80 cannot be used". so im wondering what port number else can i use instead 80? and for the router settings, i have oredi port forward my CCTV:
starting port : 80
ending port : 80
ip : 192.168.1.50

and under the DDNS in my router, i've entered my address exactly the same as what i've registered in www.dyndns.com, username, and password, and anything needed, and www.dyndns.com has already updated my ip but i still unable to view my site (http://example.dyndns.org:8080)

1 last thing, im able to access to the cctv when i type 192.168.1.50 under IE in the network, so whats the problem? the guide for the cctv (the link above) says port 80 cannot be used, instead, port 888 is recommended, and i've already tried using the settings with:
starting port : 888
ending port : 888
ip : 192.168.1.50
and still not working.
can someone guide me through this whole thing? (1st time setting up DDNS) :)

Edited by cosmiqeddie, 29 December 2007 - 09:19 PM.

Advertisements

cosmiqeddie

cosmiqeddie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
hmm, any help?