Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why won't Microsoft listen to their customers

• Please log in to reply

ke6ziu

ke6ziu

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello, all... :tazz:
I am an IT professional that has a lot of penned up aggression towards MS. :mad: Why do you ask? :mad: I'm glad that you asked. First of all, MS has all of the newbie users convinced that their OS' are the best. ;) This is only an opinion comming from Redmond, mind you, but it has control of over 50% of the market share. ;) They hurry to market to release what they call innovation, but I call a nightmare. For those of us that have MCSEs (Microsoft Certified System Engineer), and have worked on any release of their many OS', we can tell you nightmares of service pack updates, bug fixes, legacy application conflicts, etc...I could go on all night. :mad: But, I decided, to enlighten the masses to what MS has planned. You, the masses, can do what you will with the knowledge. I just felt that all of you should know what you're getting from them, and how they're just robbing you blind...Imho, everyone here should format their drives, and just install Linux; you'd be better off in the long run, and you would be enriching your computer experience because you would want to learn how to use your computer more effectively (to all newbies: don't take this as an insult, but to be proficient with your computers, you have to ask other users howto...you also have to be willing to read more into how your computer and operating system works. Don't be afraid to ask; we aren't going to think you're stupid. What is stupid, is when someone doesn't ask, and then the problem escallates to the point that the machine needs work...)
http://www.theregist...et_spells_doom/
This article is targeted for Win2k users...
http://www.theinquir...t/?article=1995
This article is targeted for XP users...
http://www.theregist...nce_worse_than/
Another article targeted towards XP users...
http://www.theregist...your_bandwidth/
This is important for those of you that use broadband with XP...
And, finally, for all of you MS Internet Explorer (any version...) users, this little tidbit...

Another MSIE Vulnerability
@ Dec 15 2001, 09:12 (UTC-7)
(© by bugtraq) There is a bug in the Microsoft.XMLHTTP component shipped with Internet Explorer 6 which allows reading and sending local files (example).
This component doesn't handle http redirects to local files properly. In order for this exploit to work the file name must be known. The exploit doesn't distinguish between extensions, binary or textual content which may make it a high risk exploit. The bug has been demonstrated on Win98/IE 6 and WinXP/IE 6 and probably exists in previous versions as well. The workaround is to disable active scripting or set it to promp. (look on menu bar. Click tools\internet options. Then, look for the file tab labeled "Security," and click on it. Click on the custom levels button, then scroll down until you see a section labeled "Scripting." Look for "Active Scripting," and you'll be presented with 3 options: 1)Disable, 2) Enable, and 3) Prompt...Click the option labeled "Disable" to be safe.)

The best fix for this problem is not to use IE6x, but rather, install Mozilla Firefox, and the email client application, Thunderbird...
http://www.mozilla.org is where this can be found. Trust me, you'll love both of them, and all of your internet problems will be fewer and far between. Remember, there are alternatives to Microsoft OS', they just don't want you to be aware of them... :) :)

Edited by ke6ziu, 20 April 2005 - 02:37 AM.

Advertisements

J4K3

J4K3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Even MS cant reply to every email they get, just have to live with it.

ke6ziu

ke6ziu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Even MS cant reply to every email they get, just have to live with it.

View Post

Actually, they do reply to their emails. The problem that I've always encountered with them is that they're very arrogant. They seem to think that they're the only show in town, but they're sadly mistaken. I've brought to their attention on several occasions concerning security advisories that came out before they were aware of them. They replied with "we're not aware of any problems like that at this time; thank you for bringing it to our attention." They know exactly what they're doing. They do what they do deliberately to destroy competition. And the rest of the computer world comes crawling to their feet, begging to kiss the butt of Billy. I tell you, it makes me sick... Whatever, their time as the big kid on the block is fast comming to an end. More and more people are discovering Linux, and are telling Billy to go pound sand. When I've heard that MS has lost their market share, I'll be happy :tazz:

Aleck_crt

Aleck_crt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Have no idear .

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Yeah, but instead of thunderbird Gmail is another option with 2224MB or storage at last visit i made there

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

Yeah, but instead of thunderbird Gmail is another option with 2224MB or storage at last visit i made there

View Post

Well, G-Mail is just a mail provider. I use G-Mail inside of Thunderbird. Just like you can use Fastmail with anything, Hotmail with Outlook Express, etc. Plus, now they have 2225MB. :tazz:

Salient

Salient

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

More and more people are discovering Linux, and are telling Billy to go pound sand. When I've heard that MS has lost their market share, I'll be happy

Too bad Billy boy is also a proud owner of SCO and thus a member of the Linux community - which is of course why the open source world hates SCO with a passion.

Microsoft agents (for lack of a better word) have been attending the open source expo's the last 2yrs just to hack off the Linux community, and they tried to bribe one of the event's host to make SCO (really MS) a keynote speaker at one of the main event's.

I do not like MS much either :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
High, ke6ziu

I am a bit worried that these valid points you made and the links to prove it will slip away so should we ask Admin to move your original post to the "makes interesting reading" thread, or would you like to rewrite it there, or just let be, either way thank you for the enlightning me.

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Too bad Billy boy is also a proud owner of SCO and thus a member of the Linux community - which is of course why the open source world hates SCO with a passion.

View Post

That has nothing to do with why the OSS community hates SCO.

They hate SCO because of all the redundant and pointless law suits they have dished out to IBM, Redhat, etc regarding the "illegal source code in the kernel. SCO and their wild allegations towards the true OSS community.