Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Drivers for Toshiba Satellite

• Please log in to reply

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi all, I have downgraded my Toshiba Satellite shipped with Vista preinstalled to Windows XP Pro [SP-2]. I have managed to install most of my drivers correctly but have been unable to track down a couple of important ones and have not heard back from Toshiba support yet. The only drivers I am missing would be the power management or APM drivers (e.g. adjusting setting for screen brightness, hibernate, etcetera) and the button support drivers/utilities for FN key shortcuts and the media keys. This is not too incredibly time critical, but if anybody knows where I can get the needed files compatible with my system, that would be awesome. The model is Toshiba Satellite a205-s7464. Thank you very much.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you looked at these drivers?

http://www.csd.toshi...kceghdgngdgmm.0

I would look at the utilities downloads to see if they fit.

I don't know if this will help but the canadian website usually carries most of the drivers needed. The canadian series is the A200 not A205. What i usually do is download the specifications PDF and compare it with the laptop i am working on and if its close enough i use that models drivers. It has not failed me yet.

http://support.toshi.../ln_byModel.asp

SRX660

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Have you looked at these drivers?

http://www.csd.toshi...kceghdgngdgmm.0

I would look at the utilities downloads to see if they fit.

I don't know if this will help but the canadian website usually carries most of the drivers needed. The canadian series is the A200 not A205. What i usually do is download the specifications PDF and compare it with the laptop i am working on and if its close enough i use that models drivers. It has not failed me yet.

http://support.toshi.../ln_byModel.asp

SRX660

Thank you, I will give these a shot. Regards.

Orly

Orly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same model and have had all the problems with the xp drivers. just was curious if you got the audio to work on it? so far thats the only one that shows up on my device manager and that till not have not been able to find. thanks

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

i have the same model and have had all the problems with the xp drivers. just was curious if you got the audio to work on it? so far thats the only one that shows up on my device manager and that till not have not been able to find. thanks

Hey buddy, you can download the drivers for audio from the Realtek site. R1.84 is the latest version. They work fine for me. If you want me to email them to you I can. Did you find the drivers for Button support and Power management that worked at all? Thanks, good luck.

http://www.realtek.c...mp;DownTypeID=3

beaksneak

beaksneak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for all your help. I have successfully partitioned vista and xp and slipstreamed some of the drivers. I also have set the dual boot option. I am still stuck finding some drivers. I have a Toshiba A205-S7464. I need the video drivers. I am downloading the Realtek drivers as i write this request. I have gone to the Toshiba link which was given but I have been unable to find the proper Video Driver for this model. Any drivers would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you tried using the vista drivers for the a205-S7464. More than likely they will work with XP.

http://www.csd.toshi...u...p;x=32&y=14

SRX660

beaksneak

beaksneak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I appreciate the help however, the drivers did not seem to work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I cannot know if this will work so you are on your own about trying these drivers.

http://downloadcente...s...al&lang=eng

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (exe)

This file is written specifically for the Intel® G31, G33, G35, Q33, Q35, G965, Q965, Q963, 946GZ, 945G, and 945GZ Express desktop chipsets and the GM965, 945GT, 945GM, 945GMS, and 940GML Express mobile chipsets, and will not function with any other product. View the README file for installation information and the RELEASE NOTES for driver version details. This driver package contains the version 14.31.1 drivers for Windows* 2000 and Windows* XP.

The software drivers provided on this page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer.
Intel or the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

Multi language: win2k_xp14311.exe

I found this at this forum.

http://forum.noteboo...ad.php?t=122762

Perhaps you could do better at that forum in finding a driver that would work.

SRX660

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

I appreciate the help however, the drivers did not seem to work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

I have the Intel Mobile 965 graphics card drivers published by Toshiba specifically for Windows XP. They work very well. Trying to install Windows Vista drivers in Windows XP is generally a very bad idea. I can email them or post them to an FTP if you would like them, if you are still in need. Let me know.

You said you had the rest of the drivers working. Do you have all of the drivers for special features working? That is, the special FN (function) keyboard commands (eg. FN+ESC to mute the sound and FN+F6/F7 to adjust screen brightness)? If you have been able to get these features working under Windows XP please let me know how you accomplished this, as I have been unable to thus far. Likewise, I will reciprocate. Also, do you have the correct driver to get the HDDVD-R/RW/CD-RW to functioning correctly under XP? I've got the generic driver that Windows loads and it doesn't really seem to want to burn anything.
Thanks and good luck.

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
[quote name='b

beaksneak

beaksneak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
That would be great if you would send a link or send the video drivers for the A205-S7464.

Thank you,

Jerry

loopi

loopi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello nice people a have a one problem.

Yesterday a bay a Satellite A205-S7464 and go tu set up bios a adjust frst boot cd rom and afther that i go to install win xp sp/2

but the problem is when yo have a option to install windows press enter

next message is may be you dont have a disko or something like that .

when i plug in another laptop my second laptop see the disk and ther is not a problem

can enyone help me i thing that may be is problem in bios because it is a sata disk how to aktivate or some thing like that

thanks a lot

Brandon2012

Brandon2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, just wondering I have the same Satellite. I am in the process of downgrading. I can't seem to find any xp drivers that work in the program nlite used to slipstream. It says to put the drivers into the new iso you need the inf. file type. Could you please tell me where you found yours and if your process was different than mine to downgrade?
Thanks