Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleted process now lost all data

• Please log in to reply

bigfella

bigfella

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

bit of a newbie at this, but here goes.

My system was running pretty slow so got my task manager up wnet to the process directory and ended something (not sure what it was called) but it was running at 75k, everything was fine then next day when i started up my pc, i got a message saying something to do with windows not being recognized so i rebooted again then when the pc finally loaded up i had lost everything my pics, my music basically everything, when i go to my computer and click on properties i have only 7gb left of storage so everything is still there just hidden.

if someone could help i would be ever so grateful.

regards Bigfella :)

Advertisements

Mighty Boosh

Mighty Boosh

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello BigFella :)

The files are certainly there, just become 'lost' shall we say. :)

Unless anyone knows of another way, you can use a data recovery program which can even restore things that you have deleted from your bin. One example of such software is Data-Doctor. Its not free but you can download a trial I think. failing that, if your prepared to scour the net you may well come across a freeware prog like this.

Chances are though you will have to rename all the files once they have been relocated. :)

bigfella

bigfella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi MightyBoosh

Thanks for the prompt reply, i will try this.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you have your XP CD you can also try a repair install. This usually does not harm any files on the computer.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

and

http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

Any questions! please ask.

SRX660

bigfella

bigfella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

big thanks to mightyboosh and srx600, all sorted now restored my comp to 26th Dec everything back