Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty 4 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Rickdick

Rickdick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for your help on this also that was very annoying

Advertisements

Mjlocks2008

Mjlocks2008

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem i accidentally deleted all of my program files and Ive done everything you have said i downloaded the windows install clean up and i deleted everything that has to do with cod 4 but when i go to install it it doesn't give me the choice to install it just says unstall and it wont let me.

Edited by Mjlocks2008, 25 June 2008 - 08:17 PM.

M1K3

M1K3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
starjax

Thank you so much man i was like 4 minutes away from reformatting thanks so much

jeffthetech

jeffthetech

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi i did the exact same thing only got stuck a little more here are instructions for a manual uninstall

first press windows key and r then in the run box type regedit
now click on hkey_local_machine
now click soft ware
right click on activison and delete it

now enter c:\program files\activision\
and delete call of duty and all its contents

the final thing you will need to do i remove the install shield package it will apear as hidden but if you type in the address bar
c:\program file\installshield installation information and press enter it should take you there

inside you will find a hole bunch of numbers and letter in side bracket not to worrie these are just GUID'S now the one you are looking for is
{E48469CC-635E-4FD5-A122-1497C286D217}
you need to delete this

once you have done these things run the installation from the disk and it will continue as normal

Hope this fixes your problem

Jeff

marine00101

marine00101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok i got Call of Duty 4 arround summer of 2008 and i never got any problems with it, When i go to Uninstall the game i get an error saying Error reading setup initialization file have no clue what that is i did everything you said got rid of the system registry with the cleanup tool did the reg file stuff etc.But still i got the same error if this may help i went to remove a program and it wasnt in the list! any ideas anybody? please!

Attached Thumbnails

• errorcod4.jpg

Gabo

Gabo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I did all your steps... But i still geting an error...Posted Image