NOTE: I will be using my old speakers, mouse, keyboard, and router.
1. I am going to buy a barebones kit from tiger direct which includes a MSI K9N SLI Platinum motherboard, 2 GB of PC6400, a Full Tower Case, a 600 Watt Power Supply and an AMD A64 X2 5400 processor @ 2.8 GHz.
2. I am going to purchase a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB Hard Drive.
3. I am going to use a DVD Drive in my current computer and put it in the new case.
4. I would buy an OEM copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
Side Question: Will buying an OEM copy prevent me from getting more RAM and another GPU in the future?
5. I am going to buy an 8800gt. ( I may get another next year if the OEM copy of Vista allows me to.)
6. I put the hard drive, DVD drive, and the video card in their appropriate places and then I connect them to the PSU if needed.
7. I power up the Computer and Setup the MotherBoard.
8. I put the Windows Vista DVD into the DVD drive and insert the disk and install Vista to the NFTS thing new partition thing to the C:
9. I install the video drivers but not the sound drivers because I will be using the Onboard sound feature my MOBO comes with.
10. I can use the computer.