Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help finding a program that can read .db files

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I have a game called Front Office Football 2007 for the PC, and I downloaded some program from a very reliable forum and source that a lot of people have experienced success with, and it produces spread sheets of players and their ratings in the past, but it makes .db files, and Excel and Access won't work with it. I'm just wondering what you guys can do to help me out. I'm looking for something free because I think I will be playing this game for a while, but if you post something that's not free, I'll see what I can do considering the price and the circumstances of me getting it. Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
.db files are generally database files. However Windows also makes a file called thumbs.db which is used when you view a folder by thumbnail view.

A lot depends on the file format of this file, if its unique to a specific program then only that program will be able to open it. The days of when you could reliably tell somebody "oh that file opens in Program X" are long gone because there's nothing to stop other programs using the same extension for their data files. Access should be able to open it, but its a bit stuffy about what it'll work with.