Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 is not displaying webpages

• Please log in to reply

BChawls

BChawls

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My laptop with Windows Vista connects to the internet, but when I try to use Internet Explorer (or Firefox) to access the internet, it will not display most any page. I do know that my internet connection is working fine, as I CAN use AIM at the same time I am experiencing this problem. I have also run AVG and SpySweeper in safe mode with no results.

Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
1. Do you have the settings set up properly in your browsers? If not, you'll have to set those manually.

2. Are those sites you are trying to view online? If the site has taken offline, the domain would return an error to your browser, and you'll see it'll be like there's no site there.

3. I don't think it'll be a malware problem.

If it has something to do with malicious files, it might be something else. If everything fails, post back. I'll give you the instructions on what to do.

~Kelvin