Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Virus infection

• Please log in to reply

Pankake2005

Pankake2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry for the lack of information on this virus, but I can't access my computer to find out more about it.

Last night, my computer switched itself off, I thought a plug was loose or something because I've never seen a cmputer do that before, it wasn't like a shut-down or restart, it just switched off as if the plug was pulled out.

The computer will not switch on without turning the power supply off for a few seconds then on again, and upon start it would load XP into Desktop, and upon seeing the Nod32 start-up splash would switch off, not sure if that has any relevance.

I rebooted into safe mode and ran Nod32 in-depth analysis, and it found a few instances of the same virus, I forget the name, it had Hack AV G in the name or something like that, I checked the option to delete and quarantine each time it was found.

Upod deleting around the 4th instance of the virus, the computer switched off and now will switch off the same way when it meets the select OS screen (when you have more than one copy of windows installed One of which is the start of another XP install but the comp switches off when trying to complete it).

The computer also switches off when booting from CD, so formatting is pretty much a pipe dream at the moment.
I don't have any floppy disks, and no way of writing to one without my computer operational.

I have a secondary HD that I do not want to install windows to, lots of important work on it and it could be infected aswell.

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aaron.

Advertisements