Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Start Menu

• Please log in to reply

quintessenceanx

quintessenceanx

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Seemed like such a simple idea, but I can't find anything about it. I want to change the links in my start menu so that instead of linking to "My Documents" it will link to a folder in another hard drive or partition. The most I can find about tweaking the menu is to choose whether certain defaults are displayed at all (i.e. My Docs, My Comp., etc.) or how to change the 'start' label on the menu button. Anyone know how to play with the linked folders?

~Q

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might try looking into Search from Start>Help and Support and enter Start Menu as keyword for a list of subjects.

Ron

quintessenceanx

quintessenceanx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks, but that just gives me what is already in the Microsoft database online. That tells me how to add/remove items that are already listed (My Computer, Network Places, etc.) in the Advanced menu, but not how to create a link from scratch entirely (i.e. if I were to have something in D:\Include then it doesn't tell me how to make an 'Include' option instead of 'My Documents' - just how to remove 'My Documents').

->I have decided to make a work-around for this instead. But if anyone finds a way to do this, then please let me know.

Edited by quintessenceanx, 30 December 2007 - 10:38 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Still not too clear where you want links, but maybe this will work for you: Select one of the links you want and while holding down the mouse button, drag the link onto your Start button. More info on Start Menu (PDF - requires Adobe Reader).

Ron