Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Home Edition

• Please log in to reply

alexgray

alexgray

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I open up my PC I find that it has became very slow to load (Have McAfee) and once opened Outlook Express is very slow to respond, likewise when I click on Google it is also very slow to appear. Once the PC has been up and running for a while Outlook Express starts to respond more quickly and messages appear as normal, but if I close Outlook Express and later re-open it is again initially slow to respond.

This may have nothing to do with it, but when I click on Windows Update it opens up the correct window but it no longer automatically scans my PC to ascertain what updates are lacking. I also find that I am no longer automatically receiving updates although the machine is set to receive them.

Can you help?

Alex.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Step one, visit the forum in my signature

The folks there will help you give your system a good scrubbing of all spyware, virii and assorted garbage.

If the problem persists after that, come on back and we'll handle the wndows update thing and outlook thing.