Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visitor Counter

• Please log in to reply

Impulz

Impulz

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am completely new to web design, i have no knowledge of any of the codes but im willing to learn!

I also understand that there are programs that do this for you(list codes for each particular action?)

Anyways my question is:

How do you insert a counter on to your website, one that clicks over every time someone has visited your site, i would liek to place on my site if this can be done.

My very primitive website for the time being so youll probably laugh, but i produce dance music and want to let others know about me anyway i can.

A counter would be kewl.

Thnx for any help

Please Note: For some reason the auto pop up links (url=http....)what ever its called wont work on firefox???? :tazz:

Only Ie Explorer allows it, other wise you have to manually copy and paste the links.

(its all jumbled up on there i know, im in the process of learning how to space everything out correctly...)

Edited by Impulz, 20 April 2005 - 06:02 AM.

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
one easy way to add a counter - let Front Page do it

open an htm file, normal view, cursor to new hit counter location

FP2000
insert>component>Hit counter>ok

FP2003
insert>web component>Hit counter>ok>ok

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
hi there!!
There are plenty of sites on the internet that have free counters - where you can simply copy and paste the code! Andale is one such thing - but i forget the site. Its the most convinient way to do things...:tazz:

Also be sure that you make the counter register your visitors each by their unique IP Address . Else the counter will keep jumping each time the user hits the refresh button and giving you a wrong count!!

Anway, look forward to my post here with more info - once i get out of class!!!

Cheers

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
My fav is statcounter.com

hi there!!
There are plenty of sites on the internet that have free counters - where you can simply copy and paste the code! Andale is one such thing - but i forget the site. Its the most convinient way to do things...:tazz:

Also be sure that you make the counter register your visitors each by their unique IP Address . Else the counter will keep jumping each time the user hits the refresh button and giving you a wrong count!!

Anway, look forward to my post here with more info - once i get out of class!!!

Cheers

View Post

Impulz

Impulz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

View Post

:tazz:

Ill try to research into this, as i have no idea on how to do this but thnx!

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

:tazz:

Ill try to research into this, as i have no idea on how to do this but thnx!

View Post

Very few do this. You shouldn't worry very much.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

My fav is statcounter.com

View Post

i noticed in the code you have statcounter now. It work well for you?

freek

freek

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
What you might want to do, is when the sentence ends. Inster a <br> to make the next text start on a new line, much easier to read.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
another good site is http://www.freelogs.com

its free, easy and they have cool counters

Impulz

Impulz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
That looks like another good 1 too, thnx for the advice!

I allready subscribed to statcounter.com and am finding it very usefull! :tazz:

another good site is http://www.freelogs.com

its free, easy and they have cool counters

View Post