Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer VERY Slow

• Please log in to reply

phatjo911

phatjo911

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I have recently had a spyware and adware attack, and that has been taken care of ( i think ) by following the "read this before posting a Hijack This Log"

But my computer is still very slow. Here are the specs: Gigabyte 965P- DS3, 8800 GTS Superclocked, Core 2 Duo E6750, 2GB of ram, and a WD 500GB HD

When I try to open firefox, it is VERY slow. Even going to Geekstogo.com takes a while. It was never like this before the spyware and adware attack.

The internet connection seems to be fine, I have tested it by using other pc's in the house. When I try to run programs like Microsoft Office, it brings up windows installer, although if I press cancel many times, I can run the app. Sometimes it just runs the Windows installer by itself too.

Is there anyway to speed my pc up again? Plz help guys

oh and btw i'm running Win XP Korean version.

Edited by phatjo911, 31 December 2007 - 09:24 AM.

Advertisements

gunner12

gunner12

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
If you are sure you have removed all malware from your computer you can repair your OS by following these instructions:

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

You will not lose any data.

Let us know if that helped.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
There is no point in going further until we know that the computer is free of malware. You did well by taking the first steps in malware removal but, please, continue with the malware forum, open a new topic and post a HJT log. If the the problem persist after they finish on their side, please repost here.