Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stop error c0000135

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Ok this forum has been good to me so i know I will be assisted again.

This stop error does not allow me or enable me to load up the operating system.
It brings up the boot screen then it restarts right away.

When i press f8 to go into safe, whatever i press will not work. All it does it it loads up the winxp boot screen then restarts. I have been doing my research so i went into the bios screen by pressing f10.

I have a winxp cd with SP1.

I changed the boot sequence so that it will read the CD ROM drive first. No Luck. I diasbled the hard drive because i saw somewhere that someone had did that and it worked for them. Again no luck.

Is there anything else that i can try.

Also not that i cannot get to the command prompt.

Do i have the wrong windows xp pro cd. Is there anyway for me to get the windows start up disk?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Every post I've seen for the 0xC0000135 error says it has to do with a missing or corrupted .NET. Did you recently instsall .NET or apply Windows Updates that serviced .NET?

As for booting the XP CD, if you have BIOS setup to boot from CD first and it doesn't work, you can do the following:

Does your computer have a floppy drive? If so you can boot a Windows 98 SE or Windows ME boot disk. Put the CD in the CD drive (will use D: - you need to use the drive letter of your drive. Enter

d:\i386\winnt

That will start the install and go through the first stage. After that you don't want to boot from CD anyway.

If you don't have a Win98SE or WinME boot disk, you can get one from bootdisk.com

This can also be a problem if you have a USB keyboard but it's not functional until XP is booted.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
I think the issue came about when i tried to update or upgrade to SP2. I knew i should have also mentioned that i do not have any floppy disks available. If i cannot gain access to the command prompt, how would i be able to type d:\i386\winnt ?

I also do not have a usb keyboard and right now i am encountering another problem. It sticks at the winxp boot screen. The blue thing keeps on moving like normal, but it stays at the winxp boot screen

I then shut it down manually then it goes to the screen where it gives the options about starting normally because it was not shut down properly and right now it is doing the same thing. Right after the boot screen, it is restarting itself.

Edited by mrq201, 31 December 2007 - 07:23 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
On some systems, you can press a Fn key (F12 usually) to get to a menu where you can select which device to boot from. Give that a try.

What does your owners manual say about restoring the operating system or reloading XP?

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
yea on mine i have to press F10 and i can navigate to where i can set it to boot from the CD-Rom drive. That does not work. I am trying to use MagicISO to make a bootable CD.

I do not have the owners manual for this pc