Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error apon startup.

• Please log in to reply

jstribtpt

jstribtpt

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey All,

I was wondering if i could get some help with this error message every time i start up my computer that says:

C:\WINDOWS\System|pmkjj.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device , Path, or file. You may not have the approprate permission to access the item.

Then after i click "OK" on that message, another one comes up saying:

Could not load or run 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\pmkjj.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the refrence to it in the registry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by jstribtpt, 31 December 2007 - 08:02 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You have been infected by some kind of malware.

Start here:
Malware Removal - HijackThis™ Logs Go Here

Be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it may take a day or three for them to get to you.

Edited by Ztruker, 31 December 2007 - 08:06 PM.

jstribtpt

jstribtpt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
thanx, i will be sure to get right on that....

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Once you have a clean bill of health from the malware gurus, post back here if you have any other problems.

jstribtpt

jstribtpt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
FANTASTIC!!!,

I READ THE "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" THREAD and fallowed all the instructions there and now my computer is better then ever!!! thanks so0o0o0o much zTruker you helped out alot, so for anyone having problems with 'pmkjj' just fallow that thread (word for word!!) :) :) yaaaa!!!!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Credit belongs to the folks who put together the information at that link. Lots of time and effort went into making it what it is.

Happy New Year