Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB stopped working after iPod

• Please log in to reply

geekintrouble1980

geekintrouble1980

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.

My problem is the following. I have Windows XP SP2. I recently bought and iPod and installed a new version of iTunes for iPod support. Everything worked fine for a while. I could transfer songs and the rest. Then, a few hours later, when I plugged the iPod into computer, I notices that computer was blocked. I turned it off and unplugged the iPod (which was connected to front port). When I turned the computer on again, none of the usb ports worked.
On the Device Manager, it says that all the controllers and ports are working properly, and I tried reinstalling the drivers but still nothing works.

Does anybody know anything about this? Is it possible that I have just burned the ports after I took the iPod out? If that's the case, what should I do?

I would appreciate any help. I know a little about computers, so you can ask more questions if you want any details.

Thanks a million,

Milos

Advertisements

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Welcome to Geekstogo, geekintrouble1980!

I notices that computer was blocked.

What do you mean by blocked? Please be a bit more specific so we do not have any misunderstandings :)

Is it possible that I have just burned the ports after I took the iPod out?

I highly doubt that. I would first try other US devices to see if they're working, and then try that ipod on another computer just to rule out either the ipod or the computer.