Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Limited or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

A89

A89

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there, I am having troubles with connecting to the internet. There is supposed to be a green light on the back of the computer that is supposed to be lit but it currently isn't. On the task bar, there is an icon that says there is "Limited or No Connectivity". When I open the "Network Connections" there are 2 icons: Local Connection and Local Connection 2. Local connection is the one that is having limited or no connectivity and that is the one I normally use. I didn't discover Local Connection 2 until today when I plugged the USB cable from the modem to my computer. If someone could take a look at this much would be appreciated.

I would also like to state that yesterday I left the computer on Standby for approx. 7 hours.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
So if I understand this correctly, you use a USB cable to connect your computer to your modem instead of a ethernet cable.

Have you tried to reboot your modem?

Oh and welcome to Geeks-To-Go :)

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 03 January 2008 - 09:53 AM.

A89

A89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Gravity Gripp. Yes you are correct, I am using a usb cable to connect my computer to the modem. There is a little button on my modem that says "reset" on it and I pressed it but that still didn't fix the problem.

Edited by A89, 03 January 2008 - 11:19 AM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
Have you installed the driver for the usb network adapter you are using? The adapter should have came with a disk that contains the driver.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 03 January 2008 - 11:53 AM.

A89

A89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for the late reply. But it seems that the green light at the back of the computer is on now :) Thank you for the help.