AIM and Windows Live Messenger
Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:16 PM
Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:21 AM
1. The system clock may be set incorrectly.
2. The Dynamic Link Library (DLL) softpub.dll, may not be registered on the system.
3. Internet Explorer may be using an invalid proxy server.
1. Double click on the clock in the taskbar and make sure the system clock is set correctly.
2. Register softpub.dll using the regsvr32.exe tool.
1.Click Start, and then click Run.
2.In the Open box, type regsvr32 softpub.dll and then click OK.
3.Restart MSN Messenger.
3.Remove any Internet Explorer proxy server settings
1.In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options.
2.In the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab.
3.Click LAN Settings…
4.Untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox.
5.Click OK and OK again Internet Options
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users