Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card help

• Please log in to reply

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Pip
  • 8 posts
First of all im new to this forum so hello ;)

Saddly my first post is going to be a cry for help :tazz: .

Ok so in my older pc my brother uses has started to screw up.

Here are his specs (cant remember all)

1.4 gig processor
Geforce 4 mx
512 ram
20 gig harddrive

Anyway so he has been using the computer fine for about a year but a few days ago he goes onto his pc and loads up a game (counterstrike) and computer totaly stops and he has to restart. Every time he tried loading up anygame the computer just work take it and crashes or just stays black. I think it is the Graphics card that is doing it. So he fully formated his pc and installed every thing again and all the newest drivers for the card and it still does the same.

The strange thing is he can load up cs with no dirvers at all.

Can anyone Please help me this is my last option before he buys a new pc or Graphics card. Can anyone get me a link to some Nvidia drivers for his Gforce 4 mx that are not the latest ones. The ones that came with the Graphics card wont work at all but the new drivers seem to crash his computer. so can anyone please get the link for some Nvidia Geforce 4 MX that are not the newst nor oldest

Thnx for your time.

Advertisements

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have just tried again and i got a error msg after the restart and it says the drivers are the problem

SiDiuS

SiDiuS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Comeone any1

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
What do you mean he can load up counterstrike with no drivers at all?
Do you mean in safe mode?