Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP dvd writer 300i

• Please log in to reply

jesusfreakmime

jesusfreakmime

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I just wanted to know how can I get the drivers to put this dvd writer to work. My brother gave it to me but he lost the Cd of installation. Any help could be great!

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
You should not need to install drivers they are native to windows, just plug it in making sure it is jumperd correctly and windows will install the drivers when you boot

jesusfreakmime

jesusfreakmime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It detects the drive but it doesnt install the drivers. So after it detects it, I cant do anything with it.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
In device manager look for cd/dvd rom drives, are there any yellow marks next to it?

jesusfreakmime

jesusfreakmime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I went to device manager (in CD/DVD-ROM drives) and the DVD RW doesnt appear, neither the yellow mark. But the rare thing is that when I connect it to the computer it dettects that is plugged to the USB Port.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Sorry I was under the impression this was a internal drive.

What is the name and model number of the drive? Provide a link if possible