Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

getting mad blue screen on startup

• Please log in to reply

acehardy

acehardy

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok now I'm getting a blue screen when I start my computer saying windows shutdown for power failure or to ensure not to damage the system. This is getting bad please help.

Advertisements

BePro

BePro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
If you have windows XP and you get a message (BSOD Blue screen of death) that says some thing like blah blah windows has been shut down because blah blah, usually what that means for me is that something critical has happened, and everytime that happens to me, repairing windows does not help me. I have to reinstall windows.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
out of the blue? what preceded this? Did you recently visit windows update?

Can you open in safe mode?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

If you have windows XP and you get a message (BSOD Blue screen of death) that says some thing like blah blah windows has been shut down because blah blah, usually what that means for me is that something critical has happened, and everytime that happens to me, repairing windows does not help me. I have to reinstall windows.

View Post

since the default is to reboot windows on a BSOD, he will not see this error.

He needs to disable this in safe mode or check eventviewer

Hertzdoughnut500

Hertzdoughnut500

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I had the same thing happen after my little problem(see my topic, Windows XP Startup Problems on eMachine) that screen came up after that, as I was installing my XP service pack 2, I turned off my computer(while it was on the blue screen) and started it back up, after that I uninstalled SP2 and installed Microsoft Pest Patrol, and ran that. I also ran Norton Anti-Virus, and a defrag(even though it said it didn't need it), then reinstalled SP2...
So far, so good...

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I can goto safe mode. What should I turn off and where can I find this.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Right click MY COMPUTER< choose PROPRTIES, choose ADVANCED, Choose Startup and Recovery Settings button, uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART ON SYSTEM ERROR.

You will now get a big, blue screen of death with important messages like STOP: 0000....... write that down and report back

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi that was already set unchecked.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
?? then what does the blue screen say?

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I am getting blue screens on startup and will in windows blue screens everywhere. What the heck could this be now. I had a clean install and ran great for weeks used the Error nuker that was advertised on here under get rid of blue screen error[SIZE=7] I ran bug doctor and reg cleaner even spybot, Miscrosoft antispyware programs and scaned for viruses. Anyone please hel

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If you do not tell us what the blue screen says, how can you possibly expect us to help you?

I have a red car. It won't start. How can I fix it?

See?

Blue screens have MESSAGES that say STOP: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That error tells you what the problem is and gives you a clue on how to fix it, but you have steadfastly refused to tell us even though we've asked three times.

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I am sorry for not memtioning the error I will state it when it does it again it didn't say and or list any driver or file at all that's why I didn't mention the error.

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok it does it each startup says check to make sure enough disk space and vendor for bios updates and the only message was this

STOP 0x0000007E (0xC000005, 0xFA6b and some other numbers.

There is no drivers or any other file name listed below the error message. So that's all thats listed. I am sorry for not listing this earlier I hope this helps.