Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help to help somebody else

• Please log in to reply

mrbeast

mrbeast

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
:) A friend has AT&T as a IP provider. There is a shortcut on her desktop that should open her homepage but when she clicks on this shortcut it comes up with an error message saying it is invalid. I right clicked on the shortcut went to properties and clicked on find source. It is a "A" in a block all blue when I click on it I find that is has something to do with autoit. I am wondering if it is a keylogger? I have installed panda suite on her computer and it is clean. I think there is a hacker on her machine and am trying to figure out how her passwords keep getting stolen. We make a password for something.... confirm password.... try to sign in and the password is no good???? I have been trying to help her for the last 4 days and am getting real frustrated. I don't want to reformat but that is my next option.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hi MrBeast,

I think a good start (before you do any formatting) would be to go here and follow through the directions - Click This
Hopefully you can resolve your problem through that thread. If you can't, and/or you need more help, post here - Click Here

Good Luck

turn 5

turn 5

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Make sure your privacy settings are set to medium.