Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

debug failure

• Please log in to reply

jimacki

jimacki

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started recieving this message today and it keeps popping up.
the following is displayed:

Debug assertion failure
program: c/program file/internet explorer/iexplore.exe
file:dbgheap.c
line:1132
expression:CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

and when I hit "ignore" I get a message - damage: before ignore block (#52) at 0x00390034

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers, but I am learning. Can anyone help and explain it in layman terms.

AN OLD DOG trying to learn new tricks.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you run IE 7 then go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Program. Uninstall Internet Explorer 7. This will roll you back to IE 6 which have far less problems. If you still want to have IE7 download it from microsoft and reinstall.

If you currently run IE6 then go to Start > Search > for files and folders. Click All Files and Folders. In the line All or Part of the File Name type ie.inf. Click on the button near More Advanced Options and check all the items. Now click Search. You will see a few instances of ie. Look for the one in c:\winfows\inf. Right click ie and choose Install. Run the process. You may need your XP installation CD.