Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer power problems

• Please log in to reply

tiara

tiara

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have an Acer Aspire 3020 with a strange power problem
The machine has stopped running off the mains, and will only run off the battery.
However the battery will charge if the power is plugged in when the computer is off.
If i plug the power cable in when the computer is on, then it shuts down immediately

I have no idea what is going on here, I have tried wiggling the power cable and it makes no difference. The power button does nothing when pressed if the power adapter is connected.

If anyone can help it would be fantastic, my computer is 3 years old but i don't want to have to get a new one.

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Strange this, its usually the other way round.

Take the battery out, leave it out, boot it up, see what happens.

Edited by Neil Jones, 02 January 2008 - 04:16 PM.

tiara

tiara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have tried that, it still wont' boot up. I left it overnight without the battery, no difference..