Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wininet.dll not found

• Please log in to reply

konix777

konix777

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there.

I'm actually here on behalf of my dad. He really needs his computer back for work.

OK, here's how it all started.

My dad ran a computer cleanup tool through the maintenance folder in the control panel.

He then ran a defrag to clear up some room.

After restarting the computer, it came to a blue screen that said unmountable_boot_volume.

We contacted Dell and ran a chkdsk /p in the recovery console and were able to get past the blue screen, but when it came to where Windows would normally load the desktop, it said that wininet.dll was not found. and that reinstalling blah blah, you get the point.

well, to fix this new problem, I got onto your forum and found a topic that said sounded the same, with the missing wininet.dll

in that forum, Master J told vinnniethebarber to load smitrem on his computer to get rid of the spyware/trojan/whatever.

i trusted what he said and loaded smitrem onto my computer and ran runthis.bat

after pressing a few keys to get past the intro, and actually getting my hopes up that this program would work, another window popped up saying that "the program ulib.dll was not found" and wouldn't let the program run behind it. Everytime I closed the window, another one popped up saying the same thing. Over and over and over again until finally I had to quit the smitrem.

And now here I am. Can you please tell me how to get past this ulib.dll thing?

I also think it's worth mentioning that nothing comes up when I boot up. Just the desktop background.

please please please help me asap.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Read through this area, see if you can Cleanup Your System

If not, Post a HijackThis log

Please be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it may take a day or three for them to get to you.

konix777

konix777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i actually got it to work so feel free to close this topic. thanks for responding when u did. I can't imagine how busy you are with the holiday season and everything. Good luck with all your computer fixing!

-Chaz