Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan wiped out control

• Please log in to reply

pattiepicc

pattiepicc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
A file was downloaded to my computer.... a game or photo I think.... I ended up with a keylogger, a dialer and several trojans and malware on my computer... I was able to remove the keyloger, dialer and trojans from my computer via
AVG and spynomore programs. NOW I have no control over my computer! I am unable to get in to my control panel or add remove programs....it tells me that it is restrictive and to contact my computer administrator...which is me..... to get access.

I Want to rebuild my computer completly. To take it back to day one when I bought it. I have the 7 hp recovery disk and partition but can not find where to start. Please tell me where I need to go!

Some one please help.... I really don't want to trash this computer and buy another!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please go to the malware forum Start HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then start a new topic in the MALWARE FORUM forum here...

pattiepicc

pattiepicc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I don't think you understood what I said.... I do not want to restore my computer I want to rebuild my system

According to AVG AND SUPERAntiSpyware I have no more trojans or malware of any kind on my computer
just a few cookies that are no problem to delete and I am still unable to get in to my control panel
or add delete programs or even in to set programs.

I want to format the C drive then use the system recovery disk HP sent me
but I am unable to get to the control panel to get to the format

So I really don't understand how sitting a restore point can help my computer
when what ever I set it today is screwed up

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
All you have to do is put disk #1 in and away you should go, if it don't boot from the #1 disk enetr bios and make sure the cdrom/dvd drive is set to boot first.

When asked use a "desructive" restore option this will format the drive. Understand you will loose everthing

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
OOps I meant, put disk #1 in and reboot and away you should go