Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently out of the blue after a reboot started having a problem with my programs and more. The problem is (I think) any .EXE I try to run or applications I get a window that pops up asking me which program I would like to open the PROGRAM-NAME.EXE, if I choose a program to open it with it opens the program I choose instead. I can run .EXE files but I have to browse for them when the window pops up. I had atteped an Upgrade Installation to try to restore things but that did not help.

Picture Here

Also I cant access my Task Manager it tells me that its been disable by Administrator which I am, and many of the ordinary start up Tasks I usually have arnt there being displayed. I dont think this is a Virus or Trojan Problem cause I think even after I remove them the settings wont be altered unless I change them. Also I can boot cd on Power On for some reason but I can run setup using windows xp cd.

PS lol I cant even open a simple NotePad...........

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I would have the malware people look at it first to rule out the nasties!

You can start here: