Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP no longer sees Maxtor One Touch III

• Please log in to reply

ltcbailey

ltcbailey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used Norton Ghost 10.0 to ghost my Dell M70 to my Maxtor One Touch III (160GB). The Ghost was successful, after the ghost the computer rebooted and I found it running checkdisk on the Maxtor One Touch. I tried to terminate the checkdisk and finally powered down the computer to terminate checkdisk... now I can't get my computer to see the Maxtor One Touch. I tried it on a Dell Precision M90 running Vista and it won't recognize the Maxtor drive either! Any ideas ? :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
.....how did you "ghost" your machine to the one touch? did you use the "disk to disk" option (i don't remember what it's called in ghost) or did you just make an image file? it sounds like you've corrupted the maxtor drive by not allowing the check disk to run (or by ghosting incorrectly or it could have just decided to die)...you should NEVER terminate checkdisk by turning off your computer....it's a VERY VERY bad idea....