Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need some help on my new bulid

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Ok Here what I have so far

0s- xp pro disc.
2 320gb sata hard drives
1 150gb raptor hard drive sata
2gb patriot ddr2 800 viper memory
diamond 7.1 24 bit sound card (had for ever lol dont no if the board sound card would be better)
5 antec 3 speed blueled fans
zalman 9700 cpu fan
850 watt antec quadro
1 18x lg dvd burner
1 18x pioneer dvd burner
two 8800 512mb cards
Coolmaster stacker 830 case

Ok the question is I wanted to no if I put all this stuff together with a abit fatality fp-in9 sli board and a intel core 2 duo
E4600 2.4 ghz would this be a good system.I could over clock it maybe I have good ram I think . and a big zalman 9700 already and like 7 120mm fans. Does this stuff match good????

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
That CPU has a lower FSB than others I would suggest getting something with a higher FSB such as the E6750 which is currently cheap. That way you can overclock easily.

Soorena

lizbr

lizbr

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
OMG
Thats sounds like you have a powerful machine there. I think it will run nicely. Good luck with the building. :)

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I went with the intel quad core cpu q6600 I think it's 2.4 I got it for $200 bucks and I upgraded the board to a 680sli Xfx board. i think this will be better.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Good choice, it should run very nice for you.

I would recommend just using the onboard audio, I don't think the Diamond would be any better/worse, so you might as well leave it out.

Troy.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
ya I decided to use the onboard rather than the sound card. I have had that sound card for a million years lol and a extra 1gb kit of ddr 4oo memory. I should ebay them or some thing.