Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firewall

• Please log in to reply

pala2006

pala2006

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Recently, whenever I go on the computer, I always gets this Windows balloon saying that ZoneAlarm Firewall has been turned off. BUt when I open the Task Manager it seems the zclient.exe is running and I can see the Zonealarm icon on my taskbar. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this or is it supposed to be normal? I tried re-installing it but when I restart, it still says that ZoneAlarm is turned off. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It is possible in Security Center to tell it to ignore the status of the current firewall software. I couldn't say where you go to check because Security Center was the first thing I turned off.

But having said that, lots of people have reported incompatibilities with ZoneAlarm and the Security Center so if you're not running the latest version, an upgrade is recommended.