Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless problems

• Please log in to reply

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
see i was right, on the cd my uncle gave me, theres a rar file called "Wireless_Intel_v11.1.1.11_XP_Vista", i installed it already, i put autorun, wireless is not working

Advertisements

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
try to download that one. can u post a screen shot of the missing driver u have. right click my computer click manage there should be a screen pop up call computer management. after that click on device manage and theres should be a question mark there or a yellow color that are missing driver.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

theres a rar file called "Wireless_Intel_v11.1.1.11_XP_Vista",

Did you extract he driver from the .rar file first?

Murray

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
sure did

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
some other people have said they also have this problem when switching into xp, do u think its permanent?

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Bumping up my post o.0

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
First, please do not bump your posts, we see it :)

Next, since you have extracted your driver from the rar file, open the device manager. Find the yellow icon that should say something like "etnernet controller" and then right click on it and go to "Update Driver". On the first screen, check "No, not at this time". On the next screen, check "Install from a list or specific location", then make sure "search for the best driver" is checked and only "include this location in the search". Next, click on the browse button and locate the drivers that you extracted from the rar file. Then click next. If the driver is compatible, it will install it and the device should work. If it is not, then it is not the right driver.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
thats the thing, its just not in the device manager

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
If you check under Network Adapters in the device manager,is it listed there?

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 03 January 2008 - 10:31 PM.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Oh come on, im not stupid, of course i clicked the little +, its not there, there should be something that says Intel PROset wireless or something, but its not

Advertisements

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Problem solved, when installing the wireless driver, u unzip it to a folder right?, theres zipped folders within that folder, so when u click setup, it doesnt find em because its zipped, so i had to go and unzip everything within that folder